Plan better events, for a better planet
We are aware that the events industry can be guilty of waste production. Superplan Events endeavours to deliver events with the least amount of environmental impact as possible. We are making a conscious effort, as we design and execute events, to look at key areas that have the most impact on the environment and, as a company, actively work towards creating and meeting sustainable goals. To keep our carbon footprint low, we pride ourselves on staying up to date with new and sustainable materials as they become available.
At Superplan Events, all staff and contractors are expected to uphold this policy to the fullest extent possible within prevailing budgets, and to inform management of financial and other barriers to achieving goals. We do acknowledge we have limited influence over third parties whose events we may attend but do not organise. While we cannot control the decisions of these parties, we commit to educating them of our policy, and encouraging them to align with these best practices.
We endeavour working towards:
- Providing recycling facilities onsite during the build/break and live phases.
- Using sustainable materials for all event collateral.
- Recycling as much event waste, signage, and supporting printed materials as possible – including Foamex materials.
- Re-using build elements and props for other projects, or donating them after use.
- If available, digital platforms and in-house tech will be used to avoid excessive waste paper items.
- Encourage visitors to bring their own reusable cups for hot and cold drinks.
- Offer reusable plastic cups that can be washed and reused on site.
- Do not offer single use plastic straws.
- Consider providing water from a water station with reusable cups, rather than plastic bottles.
- Use compostable materials if single use cups have to be used.
- Organise for local composting of coffee grinds and food waste.
- Ensure compostable materials are used for all food packaging.
- Using locally sourced food and caterers who preferably use organic produce.
- Reducing the amount of food waste.
- Working with suppliers who operate their own sustainability policy.
- Well-considered transport logistics – avoiding additional trips through efficient packing of vehicles and preventing needless miles being driven.
- Source sustainable or reusable gifts/merchandise.
- Offset carbon emissions from international travel by donating to carbon offset projects.
Policy updated: May 2023.